About Weston Ranch
Located in Stockton, California, Weston Ranch is a safe, supportive, step-down home for five lower functioning adults with intellectual disabilities and co-occurring behavioral and emotional challenges, including substance use. In response, the care, support and supervision provided at Weston Ranch are tailored to each individual’s strengths, challenges, interests and goals. Through a variety of daily home and community activities, a team of qualified staff and behavioral and psychiatric specialists work with program participants to build their adaptive skills (self-care, communication, social, etc.), increase confidence, and improve their overall quality of life.
What Does Weston Ranch Have to Offer?
- 24/7 licensed care
- Private bedrooms in a spacious and beautiful 5-bed, co-ed facility.
- Medication management and monitoring
- Three meals per day, including working with any dietary restrictions
- An expert treatment team that consists of Direct Support Professionals (DSPs), Board Certified Behavioral Analysts (BCBAs), and a Psychiatrist
- Assessment and treatment plan development.
- Training in activities of daily living, independent living skills, and the reduction of inappropriate behaviors and acquiring replacement behaviors.
- Daily home and community activities and groups that build adaptive skills (communication, self-care, social skills, etc.)
- Psychiatric and behavioral consultations monthly or as needed.
- Transportation to all medical and other appointments, social activities, shopping, and other activities will be provided, as appropriate.
- Coordination and collaboration with Regional Center, medical professionals, and Interdisciplinary Team.
Program Philosophy & Goals
Our program philosophy is based upon the principles of normalization and inclusion. We encourage clients to make personal decisions and choices throughout the day while providing skill training through the use of community services, resources and social environments. The skills necessary to successfully adapt to the community are taught in a client centered program designed to prepare each client for the challenges and inconsistencies of everyday life.
At Weston Ranch it is our intention to:
At Weston Ranch it is our intention to:
- Provide clients with a warm and stable living situation that is representative of a shared living arrangement that non-disabled adults might choose for themselves.
- Provide persons served with appropriate care, supervision and support in the “least restrictive environment” possible for their overall protection and safety.
- Provide for and meet each client’s medical, dental and other related health needs.
- Provide ongoing counseling and behavioral services to enhance each client’s ability to learn, grow, and maximize opportunity for inclusion in all areas of life.
- Provide a vast array of opportunities that encourage learning and the practical application of the skills needed for greater independence. It is our intent to maximize the growth potential of each person served in various domain areas. This may include the following areas:
- Ability to care for one’s own personal needs.
- Ability to form and maintain relationships with others.
- Ability to express personal choices and decisions.
- Ability to pursue client interests in inclusive community settings.
- Ability to develop physical skills, including fine and gross motor, manipulation and coordination skills.
- Provide opportunities for each person served to enhance their self-esteem, feelings of self-worth, and validation of each person’s dignity.
Eligibility / Preparing for Treatment
To be eligible for services, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Over 18 years of age
- Must have a diagnoses intellectual disability
- Individuals with a secondary mental health and dully diagnosed substance use disorder are welcome
- Male, Female, & LGBTQI welcome
- Abstain from drug or alcohol use
- We do not accept consumers who are 290 registrants
- Referrals are accepted from the Valley Mountain Regional Center (VMRC)