About Ventura CRT
Located in Ventura, California, Ventura CRT is a Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) Program for individuals experiencing an acute behavioral health crisis. Located in a premier, state-of-the art facility, the Ventura CRT is designed to deliver superior programming, client care, and safety for both clients and staff. A maximum of 15 individuals are served at any given time, staying an average of 7-10 days as they participate in a highly structured recovery program and work with a team of specialists who help them resolve the behavioral or emotional issues associated with their crisis and give them the tools necessary to help them work through future challenges and re-integrate back into the community.
Ventura CRT Brochure (PDF)
Ventura CRT Brochure (PDF)
What We Treat
Ventura CRT specializes in treating the following disorders:
- Anxiety & Panic Disorder
- Biopolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Dual Diagnosed Substance Use and Psychiatric Disorders
What Does Ventura CRT Have to Offer?
- Short-term intensive mental health treatment (length of stay is flexible and based on medical necessity).
- Three meals per day, including working with any dietary restrictions.
- An expert Treatment Team that consists of licensed Clinicians, Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers, Peer Support Specialists, and a Nurse Practitioner.
- Evidence-based treatment practices, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Seeking Safety, WRAP, Mindfulness Based Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing.
- Comprehensive assessment, psychiatric evaluation, individual, group, and family therapy, and psycho-education.
- Care that focuses on stabilizing individuals, reducing their psychiatric symptoms and related conditions (lack of sleep, dietary changes, etc.) and transitioning them into the most appropriate level of care upon discharge.
- An increased understanding of the role of medication, including its therapeutic benefits, side effects, and self-management.
- Relapse prevention and coping skills training.
- Exercise and recreational activities.
- Discharge planning, including identification and engagement in outpatient treatment and other support services.
Daily Therapy Groups
The Ventura CRT team administer's daily group activities using art and psycho educational groups in seven core areas:
- Anger Management
- Thoughts and Feelings
- Family Dynamics
- Coping Skills
Preparing for Treatment
To be eligible for services, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Experiencing a mental health crisis
- Over 18 years of age
- Active Ventura County Behavioral Health client, or willing to be referred
- Experiencing difficulties with psychiatric symptoms or behavioral crises.
- May also have dual diagnosed substance use disorders
- Abstain from drug or alcohol use
- Be a willing and active participant in a wellness and recovery plan.
- Male, Female, & LGBTQI welcome
Client & Family Testimonials
Thank you CRT, not only for giving me a place to stay – but for teaching me some ways to help me deal with my addiction and depression. The staff here were amazing and I truly did feel as if I gained a sense of friendship with most of the MHRWs and just about all of the nurses. This was a great environment for the mindset I came in here with. I didn’t really acknowledge how good CRT was to me until the day before I moved on to the next chapter of my life – and I feel prepared because of this program and all of you.
The CRT staff was great! They guided me through one of the most difficult times in my life. The other clients also, I learned so much from them. Through them I learned so much about myself. The classes helped me to learn to cope as I recover. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I think the program is amazing. Thank you for being so awesome to me; I will never forget all of you. Life changing for me.
The Need for CRT
Hospitalization can be expensive, unnecessary, and counterproductive to the recovery of individuals with behavioral health issues. Patients frequently need a level of care that is a step down from hospitalization, an environment that is not too restrictive yet has round the clock care by trained professionals. Crisis Residential Treatment (CRT) programs reduce unnecessary stays in psychiatric hospitals, act as a stepping stone for individuals transitioning back into the community after hospital discharge, reduce the frequency and expense of emergency room visits, and divert inappropriate incarcerations while producing the same, or improved outcomes compared to those of institutionalized care (Crisis Residential Program Study Report. California Mental Health Planning Council, 2010). Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. (Anka) operates nearly 20 CRT programs for youth and adults recovering from a psychiatric emergency or behavioral health crisis.
Anka's CRT Model Philosophy
As an alternative to hospitalization, Anka's CRT model provides intensive mental health and behavioral supports with recognized positive treatment outcomes. With an integrated team of professional staff, all clients have access to individual and group therapy, life skills support, and medication evaluation and management. All services are provided in home-like environments and are licensed and certified by state regulatory agencies