About Phoenix Center
Phoenix Center is an outpatient mental health clinic serving adults with behavioral health challenges and co-occurring substance use disorders who have Medi-Cal. Phoenix Center’s ultimate goal is to support clients in their stabilization, treatment, and emotional growth and create a milieu in which they have the opportunity to attain and sustain the highest level of independent functioning within the community. Services include assessment, treatment plan development, individual and group therapy, Psychiatric medication administration and management, nursing services, including health screenings, management, and education, case management, peer support, assistance with transportation needs, and other supportive services.
Phoenix Center Brochure (PDF)
Phoenix Center Brochure (PDF)
What We Treat
Phoenix Center specializes in treating the following disorders:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety & Panic Disorder
- Biopolar Disorder
- Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Dual Diagnosed Substance Use and Psychiatric Disorders
What Does Phoenix Center Have to Offer?
- An expert treatment team that consists of master's level trained mental health clinicians including licensed psychologists, Registered Nurses, Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, and Psychiatrists.
- Assessment of mental health and substance use needs and treatment plan development
- Evidence-based treatment practices, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Seeking Safety, WRAP, Mindfulness Based Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing
- Community integration (outings, employment, etc.)
- Relapse prevention, life skills, and coping skills training
- Individual therapy provided once a week or on an as needed basis
- Group therapy five times a week
- Psychiatric medication administration and management
- Nursing services, including health screenings, management, and education.
- Case Management
- Some assistance with transportation
- Healthy living skills and social skills development
Client & Family Testimonials
Phoenix Center truly made a difference in my life. It was the counselors, the friendships, and program that got me where I am today. I learned to love myself again and not be ashamed of having a mental illness."
Daily Therapy Groups
Group Therapy is offered five days per week and includes the following focuses:
- Expressive Arts
- Depression & Anxiety
- Relationship Skills
- Building Self-Esteem
- Emotion Regulation/DBT Group
- Dual-Diagnosis Group
- Self-Compassion Group
Preparing for Treatment
To be eligible for services, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Over 18 years of age
- Active Contra Costa County Behavioral Health client or have a participating insurance plan
- Have Medi-Cal insurance
- Have a mental health diagnosis and experiencing behavioral health difficulties
- May also have dually diagnosed substance use disorders
- Male, Female, & LGBTQI welcome
- Demonstrate a desire to participate in an outpatient program and be a willing and active participant in a wellness and recovery plan.
- Abstain from drug or alcohol use
1470 Civic Court, Suite 110
Concord, CA 94520