About Nevin House
Nevin House is a transitional residential treatment program that support’s adults with co-occurring behavioral health needs and substance use challenges. A maximum of 16 individuals are served at any given time, staying an average of 6-18 months as they participate in a structured recovery program that focuses on individualized psycho-education and therapy, substance use and criminal relapse prevention, and life skills training with the goal of helping individuals change the behavioral patterns that are negatively impacting his/her life and prepare them for community re-integration.
Nevin House Brochure (PDF)
Nevin House Brochure (PDF)
What We Treat
Nevin House specializes in treating the following disorders:
- Anxiety & Panic Disorder
- Biopolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Dual Diagnosed Substance Use and Psychiatric Disorders
What Does Nevin House Have to Offer?
- Transitional treatment (6-18 months)
- Shared bedrooms in a 16-bed, co-ed facility
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Medication management
- Three meals per day, including working with any dietary restrictions
- An expert treatment team that consists of Mental Health Clinicians, AOD Counselors, Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers, and a psychiatrist
- Evidence-based treatment practices, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Seeking Safety, WRAP, Mindfulness Based Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing
- Comprehensive assessment, psychiatric evaluation, individual, group, and family therapy, and psycho-education.
- Participation in 12-step programs (AA, NA meetings)
- Community integration (outings, religious services, employment, etc.)
- Relapse prevention, life skills, and coping skills training
- An increased understanding of the role of medication, including its therapeutic benefits, side effects, and self-management
- Discharge planning, including identification and engagement in outpatient treatment and other support services
Take a Tour of Nevin House
Nevin House is Provided in Partnership With:
Client & Family Testimonials
The staff keep checking up on you. They come knock on the door and ask you to come out and play some games or participate. It feels good to know someone cares.
The Nevin House program helped me to stabilize myself on medications and the voices went away. The program is helping me to understand my mental illness and bipolar disorder. I also understand how I can live alcohol-free.
I like the help they gave me to go to job interviews. They took me shopping to get interview clothes and used their own cars to do it. I looked dressed to impress that day.
With each program step I complete, I feel healthier, stronger, and more motivated. And everyone is in my corner cheering me on.
Daily Therapy Groups
The Nevin House team provides daily group activities using art and psycho educational groups in seven core areas:
- Thinking and Feeling
- Family Dynamics
- Anger Management
- Coping Skills
Preparing for Treatment
To be eligible for services, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Over 18 years of age
- Active Contra Costa County Behavioral Health client or have a participating insurance plan
- Have Medi-Cal insurance
- Have a mental health diagnosis and experiencing behavioral health difficulties
- Have a history of substance use
- Male, Female, & LGBTQI welcome
- Be a willing and active participant in treatment plan development, Program Level System, assigned therapy groups, and house rules
- Abstain from drug or alcohol use