About Hillmont House
Located in Camarillo, CA, Hillmont House is an unlocked Mental Health Rehabilitation Center (MHRW) that provides both short-term and long-term residential treatment for adults experiencing a range of behavioral health challenges. The short-term program (45 days) provides an alternative to hospitalization for a maximum of six individuals at any given time that are experiencing acute psychiatric episodes, including those with co-occurring substance use challenges. The long-term treatment program provides an opportunity for stabilization in an enriched and structured environment that provides psychiatric and medical support, therapeutic and life-skill groups, and other supportive services for a maximum of nine individuals for up to two years.
What We Treat
Hillmont House specializes in treating the following disorders:
- Anxiety & Panic Disorder
- Biopolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Dual Diagnosed Substance Use and Psychiatric Disorders
What Does Hillmont House Have to Offer?
- Long-term structured mental health treatment (length of stay is up to 18 months)
- Three meals per day, including working with any dietary restrictions.
- An expert Treatment Team that consists of licensed and pre-licensed Clinicians, Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, Licensed Psychiatric Technicians, Mental Health Rehabilitation Workers, Peer Support Specialists, a Dietitian, a Medical Director, and a Psychiatrist.
- Evidence-based treatment practices, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Seeking Safety, WRAP, Mindfulness Based Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing.
- Comprehensive assessment, psychiatric evaluation, individual, group, and family therapy, and psycho-education.
- Care that focuses on stabilizing individuals, reducing their psychiatric symptoms and related conditions (lack of sleep, dietary changes, etc.) and transitioning them into the most appropriate level of care upon discharge.
- An increased understanding of the role of medication, including its therapeutic benefits, side effects, and self-management.
- Relapse prevention, life skills, and coping skills training.
- Peer support, community reintegration, social and recreational activities.
- Discharge planning, including identification and engagement in outpatient treatment and other support services.
Daily Therapy Groups
The Hillmont House team administer's daily psycho educational and therapeutic groups and activities focusing on the following topics:
- Recovery skills
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Psycho Education
- Healthy Living Skills
- Social and Relaxation Skills
- Therapeutic Games
- Job Skills
- Resident Advisory Council
Client & Family Testimonials
I was having a bad day and I didn't want to be alone. Staff took time to sit with me and comfort me. They're always there for us.
Preparing for Treatment
To be eligible for services, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Experiencing difficulties with psychiatric symptoms or behavioral crises.
- Over 18 years of age
- Active Ventura County Behavioral Health client, or willing to be referred
- May also have dual diagnosed substance use disorders
- Abstain from drug or alcohol use
- Be a willing and active participant in a wellness and recovery plan.
- Male, Female, & LGBTQI welcome