Working for Anka
Anka uses a concentric management model named Astra, after the Latin phrase per ardua ad astra, meaning "through adversity to the stars." Unlike a linear approach, Anka's model enables the organization to be responsive to change and opportunity. It also directly involves employees at every level of the company and provides sufficient flexibility to meet the changing needs of the behavioral healthcare market.
Anka views its current staff as an invaluable resource to be utilized when designing, implementing, and operating all programs. Anka's staff embody a commitment to excellence, entrepreneurial solutions, creativity and customer service. This combination of attributes produces quality outcomes across a variety of settings.
Anka offers support systems and programs that assist in employee training and advancement. Programs include E-Learning, Anka Academy, and the Intern Program.
• E-Learning is a nationally recognized online training program and is one of Anka's methods of providing training to employees. All Anka staff participate in the E-Learning program and complete training profiles to include evidence based practices, cultural competency, legal and ethical standards, case management, assessment for planning and tracking outcomes, community treatment and habilitation, person-centered planning, clinical supervision, effective communication, medication administration and monitoring, crisis response, and other related topics.
• Anka Academy was designed to invest in the development of leadership potential of talented Anka staff. Academy enrollees benefit from formal training, support for university or advanced degrees, mentoring from current Anka executives, and participation in monthly leadership seminars. Topics of discussion include an introductory orientation, leadership, oral communication, critical thinking, finance, written communication, risk management, personnel, development, project management, and the integration of technology. Enrollees also complete an individualized development plan with their mentor which identifies areas of focus for their year of enrollment.
• The Internship Program was developed In pursuit of our Mission to "eliminate the impact of behavioral health problems for all people" Anka recognizes the importance of competent and professional mental health professionals. We also believe that the consumers we serve deserve the highest quality of care possible. As a result we have developed several clinical training programs to meet the needs of pre-licensed mental health professionals at various levels of skill and training.
- • Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- • Life, AD&D, and LTD Insurance
- • AFLAC Supplemental Policies
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • Vacations – 2 weeks per year initially
- • Holidays – 11 per year
- • Sick Pay – 5 days per year
- • 401k Retirement Plan
- • Educational Loans
- Employee Referral Bonuses